Questions to Ask a Wedding Venue on Tour
Wondering what questions to ask a wedding venue before booking?
Save time and frustration by taking this easy to use list of questions on your wedding venue tours.
Ceremony Questions to Ask Your Wedding Venue
- What time does the ceremony start?
- How much time is allowed for setup?
- What is the weather backup?
- Where are the nearest restrooms?
- Where does the sun rise and set?
- Are multiple ceremonies hosted each day?
- Is the ceremony space private or public?
- How many people can be seated in the space?
- Can flower petals and ceremony decor be brought in?
- Are pets allowed at the ceremony?
Cocktail Hour Questions
- Does the timeline include cocktail hour?
- Where is cocktail hour held?
- Who directs the guests to cocktail hour?
- What setup is included for cocktail hour?
- What is served during cocktail hour?
Reception Questions to Ask your Wedding Venue
- What time can vendors start set-up in the reception space?
- How long do I have the reception space for?
- Is there a charge for extended the time after that?
- Does the venue include chairs, tables and linen? What does it look like?
- Is the china, glassware and flatware provided?
- Are there any restrictions of any type in this space?
- Where are the nearest restrooms? How many stalls?
- What is the policy on setup, breakdown and cleanup?
- Are there noise ordinances to be aware of?
- What is the maximum number of guests that fit in the space comfortably?
- Is there a sample layout of the space with my estimated guest count?
Questions to Ask about Food and Beverage
- Do you have an in-house caterer?
- Do you allow outside catering? What is the fee?
- Is there a food and beverage minimum?
- What are the current tax and service charge percentages?
- Is the culinary team able to accommodate food allergies and dietary restrictions?
- Do packages include a menu tasting prior to the wedding?
- Is the bar included in the package?
- Is it unlimited or is there a cap set?
- What brands are offered on the bar? Are there upgrade options?
- We have a favorite wine not on your menu. May we bring it?
Wedding Day Preparation At Your Wedding Venue
- Is a ready room provided on wedding day? What’s included?
- What time is the ready room accessible?
- Are ready room menus available?
- Where is the nearest parking for guests?
- Is signage setup to direct guests from parking to ceremony and reception?
Wedding Weekend Questions to Ask Your Wedding Venue
- Are guest accommodations available?
- If no, where are the nearest hotels?
- If yes, is there a discount for booking a certain number of rooms?
- Can rehearsal dinner be hosted here?
- What about a breakfast or brunch the following day?
- Are there any amenities or activities available to the wedding party or guests?
- Is there a place to go after the reception is finished to continue to party?
Questions about Wedding Vendors
- Are preferred vendors required or can we use our own?
- Do vendors require insurance?
- Who will we work with throughout the planning process and on our wedding day?
- Does the space accommodate a DJ or a Live Band?
- Is there a special price for meals for vendors?
Wedding Day Venue Decor Questions
- Can we bring in decorations?
- If yes, who puts them out?
- Does the venue have decor that we can rent?
- Can we use candles, sparklers, confetti, and fireworks?
- Does the venue have access to heaters on cooler nights?
- Does the venue allow fog or dry ice machines?
Wedding Venue Photo & Video Questions
- Where can we take photos on wedding day?
- If photo locations are far apart, how do we get to them?
- Will other couples be taking photos in the same spot on my wedding day?
- Am I able to get back into my ready room to retouch hair and makeup if necessary?
- Can we take engagement photos here?
- If yes, is there a charge?
- Does the venue allow for drone photography?
- Is there anywhere on property that we cannot go for photos?
- What about video, any restrictions?
Questions Before You Book Your Wedding Venue
- Is my preferred date and space available?
- What are alternative options?
- Are there dates that offer discounts?
- What deposit is required to book?
- Is the deposit refundable?
- When’s the remaining balance due?
- What’s the cancellation policy?
- Is the timeline and guest count flexible after contract signing?
- Am I guaranteed the space that I was shown today or is my space subject to change?
- Are there any construction projects scheduled that could impact my wedding?
- When are my final guest counts due to the venue?
- What if my final guest count is much lower or higher than contracted?
Curious how the Mission Inn Wedding Team would answer some of these questions?
Check out our FAQ Page.
Ready to see Mission Inn?